Phone: 0427 460 504
I can design and assemble electronics projects for people.
I have been interested in electronics since I was about 6 years old. My parents bought me several kits, which I assembled. And I have soldered kits before I was 10. I'm particularly skilled with the Arduino platform. I also know AVR, XMega, STM32, ESP430.
I have worked on several projects in the last few years, including PCB design and microcontroller programming.
Examples of work
- CSIRO GPS tracker - I programmed the chip and designed the circuit board
- Arduino robotics - I made an obstacle-avoidance robot
- Raspberry Pi telepresence robot - As featured in my projects
- LED strober - Flashes LED strips at different frequencies. Bluetooth control.
I am fairly relaxed with pricing, due to low competition. Pricing is negotiable, depending on the project.
$50 per hour (plus electronics costs) *(see note below)
(Pictured above is a WIP project that I made for someone)
- Ohms law - voltage, current, resistance
- Schematic symbols
- Knowledge of most components - resistors, capacitors, transistors, ICS, regulators, LEDs, coils, photodiodes, etc
- PCB design with KiCAD
- Prototyping with breadboards and protoboards
Yes, I can design PCBs! I use KiCAD. It's free and open source, but it's used by CERN so it's definitely powerful enough.
For manufacture, I usually use one of the cheapest providers available. I can also use an Australian/NZ service if you need the PCBs sooner.
Electronics Equipment I own
- Good soldering iron (temperature adjust)
- Multimeter with capacitance, frequency
- Digital signal analyser - Saleae Logic 4
- Various components - resistors, capacitors, buttons, protoboard, wire, LEDs, transistors, regulators, displays, and more
- Breadboards and lots of breadboard wires
- Solder sucker (Desoldering)
- Good wire stripper
Equipment I have access to (via Hackerspace/makerspace)
- Variable power supply
- SMD rework station
- Small 3D printer
- Laser cutters
Microcontroller Development IDEs experience
- Arduino IDE
- STMCubeIDE for STM32 (Eclipse)
- Atmel Studio for AVR
- CCStudio for MSP430
- PlatformIO for Arduino, AVR, etc
Further pricing notes
If you work for a business or organisation with limited funds (eg. CSIRO) I can offer my services at a lower rate.
*Why charge so low?
- I really enjoy electronics projects
- I don't get a lot of them, so they don't pay the bills
- No local competition - don't feel bad for undercutting anyone's services
- A lot of electronics is soldering, cutting wires, and usually a quick bit of programming, so the work is rather spaced out.