Phone: 0427 460 504
I have very good experience taking apart electronic devices such as phones, tablets, laptops. I have been disassembling devices since a young age. I have successfully repaired numerous devices.
- Cracked screen - I can carefully remove it (various methods) and replace it - estimated cost $200-300
- Worn out ports - I can remove the port (such as USB, headphone, power) and replace it - estimated cost $100-200
- Worn out battery - Extend the life of your phone/tablet/laptop. I can replace most batteries - estimated cost $100-200
- Microphone or speaker issues - Typically these can be replaced*1 - estimated cost $125-250
- Laptop keys missing - It's very possible that a replacement keyboard exists - estimated cost $100-200
- Touchpad cracked, not working - There may be a replacement touchpad for some models - estimated cost $125-200
- Device not working - possible faulty logic board - replacement price varies from $200-1000+
*Note - New parts take time to order in. I do not keep stock of parts (too many!). Typical wait time for components ranges from 1-4 weeks.
Some things I (probably) can't do
- Apple Butterfly keyboard replacement - may be cheaper to get it fixed through Apple, as the whole chassis needs to be replaced! (Bad design)
- Resolder components such as ICs - This is very tricky work that I'm not well set up to do
- Water damage repair - It's likely beyond repair :(
- Some Macbook servicing - There are some common faults on Macbooks that I am not set up to handle. See your Mac store. But I still may be an option in some cases.
Previous Work Examples
- Logic board replacement for HP DM-1 laptop
- Logic board replacement for 2012 Nexus 7 tablet
- Logic board replacement for Nexus 4 phone
- USB-C port replacement for Oneplus 5 phone
- Microphone replacment for iPhone SE
- Screen replacement for Lenovo E450, Clevo W110ER, Lenovo 11e HP DM-1 laptops
- Nexus 4 battery replacement (extend life)
- Generic laptop power port replacement (wasn't charging)
- UMI Super phone screen replacement (cracked)
- Hinge re-inforcement for W110ER laptop - fix loose laptop lid hinge
- iPod 4G hard drive upgrade (back in 2007 when I was 17)
- Lenovo E450 laptop headphone jack replacement
- Oneplus 5 phone headphone jack replacement
- Laptop AC adapter replacement (simple)
- Generic laptop battery replacement (simple)
1 - Some Apple iPhones make microphone replacement break fingerprint reader as it is one module and fingerprint readers are device-locked :(
Another note is that some older, more obscure devices may not have replacement parts available online. But it's still worth asking just in case.