Resume - Leo Febey
I have a strong background in IT and a great level of patience. I studied maths and computing at school and took extra curricular classes in technology subjects. I completed a bachelor's degree in Computing (Games Tech Major). I have had a mix of technical and interpersonal work. Technical work including game development, electronics, web development, system admin. Interpersonal/casual work including face to face tech support, online tutoring, night fill. I am looking for casual/part time work so I can have a balance of personal projects, community organisations and paid work.
Work and Volunteering
- 2019-current - CSIRO - Embedded electronics - AVR development
- 2018-current - The Lab Network - Teaching game development to kids with Asperger's/Autism
- 2014-2018 - Oak Tasmania - Computer games tech support and assistant for people with disabilities
- 2016-2017 - aegres - System Administrator and Software Developer. Including work for MONA.
- 2016-2016 - Adam Walker Film - Web and game developer
- 2015-2016 - BIG W - Casual Fill Associate - Night fill shelf stacking
- 2013-2013 - Salmat - Catalogue delivery
- 2014-2016 - Libraries Tasmania - Computer Help Desk support
- 2015-2016 - CSIRO Oceans and Atmosphere - Developing an open globally trackable GPS tracker
- 2015-2016 - Oak Tasmania - Computer training support for people with disabilities
- 2010-2012 - University of Tasmania - Completed Bachelor of Computing 2nd and 3rd year units (completed degree) - Games Technology Major
- 2009-2009 - University of Tasmania - Bachelor of Engineering first year
- 2008-2008 - University of Tasmania - Bachelor of Computing first year
- 2006-2007 - Elizabeth College - Studied Computing, Maths, Science, Electronics
- 2002-2005 - New Town High School - Studied Maths, Science, Computing, Electronics
Community Organisations and Affiliations
- 2013-current - Hobart Hackerspace - Regular member and experience with most of the equipment. Current treasurer.
- 2016-current - Enterprize Hobart - Regular hot-desker who works on a broad range of projects
- 2016-current - Hobart Makers - Regular member. Regularly bring projects to work on. Current treasurer.
- 2014 -current - Tasmanian Game Development Society - Member since inception. Participated in many game jams.
- 2018 - GovHack Tasmania - Spirit of Govhack Hobart (individual)
- 2018 - GovHack Tasmania - Best use of Heritige data
- 2015 - GovHack Tasmania - Spirit of GovHack (team Hobart Hackerpsace)
Postdoctoral Fellow, Biotechnology
CSIRO Marine and Atmospheric Research
(03) 6232 5597
Community Learning Coordinator
(03) 6165 5606